I’m so happy my house doesn’t have stairs – my legs are like jello, essentially useless.
For the past few months, I’ve been doing my own strength training, but lately my body started to plateau. I completely cut a few things out of my diet, upped my weights and I still wasn’t seeing a difference. So I figured I’d start doing some interval sprinting, instead of the long runs I’ve been doing – my hope is maybe I could shake some things up/off.
I needed a pick me up when we got home, so I decided to make us some breakfast. Breakfast for dinner, what’s better than that? Ok maybe a few things (like puppies, manicures, beaches, & chocolate), but on week nights it’s totally a treat! This hash is easy to make and so delicious. Top it off with a fried egg, and your breakfast is served!
Paleo Sweet Potato Kale Hash
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2-3 cups fresh or frozen kale
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
- Add olive oil – when it is hot add the onion – sauté until onion is translucent (3-4 minutes)
- Add the sweet potato, cook until almost tender – stir frequently
- Add the red pepper to the skillet.
- Add the cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Stir until everything is coated.
- Add the kale and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes (if you are using frozen kale, heat the kale according to the package directions and pat dry with a paper towel – removing excess water – then add to the skillet)
- Serve Warm and pair it with a fried egg!
Breakfast is served 🙂