One of the hardest things about converting to the paleo lifestyle, at least in my book, is snacking. When I’m rushing around my house in the morning, finding time to prepare a healthy breakfast and lunch is hard enough – so it’s doubtful I’ll waste any time making snacks for work.
Clearly this is a dilemma for me, and luckily I have found a few grab-and-go snacks that I rely on. These are some of my favorites that fit the paleo restriction, as well as being gluten free.
- Apple Slices and Sunflower Butter – It can’t get much more simple than this. Just grab an apple (my favorite is honey crisp), grab a knife, and a jar of sunflower butter. And if you’ve never experienced sunflower butter, you are in for a treat – the taste is very similar to peanut butter, just a little sweeter.
- Steve’s Cinnamon Paleo Krunch – This was the first granola I found when introduced to paleo, and it’s simply amazing! Totally grain-free, it’s great to bring as a snack to work or even on a hike!
- Lara Bars – Specifically, my go to is the Coconut Chocolate Chip. With only 5 ingredients, you can’t really get much better than that!
- Julian Bakery Paleo Thin Crackers – These crackers are a great substitute! Pair it with some guacamole or hummus, and you’re in for a delicious afternoon snack.
- And of course veggies! It’s always an easy thing to put some baby carrots in a bag and bring to work – plus it will keep you full longer!
I have a huge sweet tooth so here are some sweeter treats that I enjoy:
- Mom’s Organic Munchies Hemp Chocolate Chip Cookie – Where do I even start with this cookie – dairy free, gluten free, and completely paleo. I’m in love with this sweet treat!
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Cups – Now don’t hold this against me, it does have peanut butter in it – but seriously, live a little! These cups are soooooo delicious! The company’s moto is 100% real – it’s honestly the closest thing to candy as you can get!
- Go Raw Choco Chunk Coconut Crisps – 4 ingredients, thats it! Coconut, coconut nectar, cacao and sea salt – vegan, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and most importantly guilt free! Plus I don’t know if you know this but coconut supports a healthy metabolism because it converts directly to energy – which means it helps keep you going and feeling full longer!
Do you have any paleo/clean snacks that you enjoy? Let me know!