What better way to celebrate the end of a work week than with a delicious cocktail. Honestly is there anything else more satisfying?
It’s been abnormally hot here the last few days, and I’m not sure why, but whenever the weather gets like this I crave strawberry daiquiris. Making the switch to paleo meant no longer using the cheap easy pre-made mixes. We had to experiment with healthy alternatives to satisfy our cravings, and last summer we our own version and it was heavenly.
So get some strawberries, turn on your blender, and put your feet up. You deserve it!
Paleo Strawberry Daiquiri
Serves 2 – For a virgin version, replace Gran Marnier with Orange Juice, and do not add rum
- 10 fresh organic strawberries (or frozen)
- 2 cups ice cubs
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 oz rum or potato vodka
- ½ oz Grand Marnier (or other orange liquor)
- 1 oz honey simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 fresh strawberry, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a high power blender, blend until a smooth consistency.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Easy Honey Simple Syrup Recipe:
- Combine 2 oz of honey with 2 oz of hot water, mix until combined.
- You can store this up to a month in your refrigerator