Well the fun is over, and its back to the normal grind. This past weekend, we did a lot of yard work. We completely ripped out the front landscaping, re-mulched, and spent too much money at Lowes!
On Sunday, it poured here, which was great because the air was beginning to get super thick because of the humidity and the ground was so dry. With the rain and the heat, the thought turning on the stove or grill turned us off from cooking. We decided to go out to a local bbq place, and it was one of the best decisions we made all weekend. The food was amazing! Why am I telling you this? Well, along with the delicious bbq chicken I had, I also had some corn bread – and I seriously forgot how good corn bread was. Clearly it wasn’t paleo or gluten free… but it was a “treat-yo-self” moment.
So if your like me, and want to enjoy cornbread, the healthy way – here is a paleo recipe.
Hope you enjoy!
Paleo “Cornbread” Muffins
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs. room temperature
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with baking cups
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, honey and eggs). Once mixed, stir into the dry ingredients.
- Evenly divide mixture between the baking cups
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool completely.