One of our weekday go-to meals is salmon, we usually bake it, but this time we decided to get out of our normal routine. This time we wanted to mix it up, and take advantage of our grill. In the past week, we’ve had beef and turkey burgers, so naturally the next would be salmon.
Salmon burgers are so easy to make! We paired it with some homemade sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli – I always try to get broccoli on the plate some how, I just love it! When we do this recipe again, I definitely will be topping these burgers off with some slices of avocado, and siding it with a light salad.
Oh and Happy June 🙂
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Remove skin from salmon filet, and mince the salmon. You can even put it in the food processor and pulse once or twice.
- Mix minced salmon with other ingredients, be careful not to over handle
- Form into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick
- Heat grill to medium /medium-high heat and cook for 4 minutes on each side . The center will feel firm when finished cooking – they do cook fast, so keep a watch on them.
- Serve warm
Want more to see more news and stay up to date? Follow me on twitter and sign up to follow my blog – you can get recipes delivered right to your inbox!