This weekend we have nothing to do, and I’m so excited. The next couple weekends are filled with weddings, so its going to be so nice to relax at home. And when I say relax, I mean doing some yard work, clean the house, and workout. I never thought I’d see the day when I when I would be excited to do yard work. I despise weeding, and now Saturday morning, after my run, you will find me digging around the bushes weeding. My father would be proud 🙂
Last night we decided to do a little ‘taco-Thursday’ action, sense we missed out on Tuesday, so we made some paleo breaded fish tacos and topped them off with some pico de gallo and spicy avocado crema. They were delicious and so filling!
(Recipe to Paleo Tortillas)
Paleo Fish Tacos
- 1lb fresh skinless cod
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ½ cup cashews
For Paleo Tortillas, get the recipe here!
- Marinate the fish in the lime juice, salt, cumin, and chili powder for 6 hours. (I typically prepare the marinade in the morning, and by the time I’m home from work it’s ready to go)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees
- Pulse the cashews in a food processor, until chopped into small pieces. Then mix in the coconut. Place cashew-coconut mixture in a shallow plate.
- Remove fish from the marinade, and cut into thin strips. In a shallow plate or bowl whisk the eggs.
- Toss the stripes of fish in the eggs and then in the cashew-coconut mixture. Place on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake on for 10 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for 2 more. The fish is done when the breading is a little browned.
- Assemble your tacos, and top with our cashew avocado crema and fresh pico de gallo.
Cashew Avocado Crema
- ½ cup cashews
- 3 cups of water
- 1 avocado
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt