June, the month of weddings. Seriously though, we have two weddings on back-to-back Saturdays, starting this weekend – both of which we have to travel too. It’s going to be a crazy couple of weeks…But the best part of the month will be on Wednesday, we are going to a Mumford & Sons concert!! Honestly, I can’t wait!
Since we won’t be around the next couple of weekends, I wanted to take advantage of a few of my favorite weekend things, one of which is the farmers market. Our local farmer’s market is full of vegetable CSAs, meat vendors, florists, and much more. There’s honestly nothing better than fresh veggies and eggs.
We got these scallops there on Saturday morning (#buylocal) and they looked so good we couldn’t pass them up. It’s so easy to sear up some scallops, just pair it with a salad or lay them on a bed of arugula, and wa-la, you have a delicious fancy meal.
Pan Seared Scallops
- 12 Scallops
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 tbsp parlsey, minced
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Gently wash the scallops, and pat dry with a paper towel
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the minced shallots and garlic. Stir so the minced shallots and garlic doesn’t burn. After 1 minute, add the scallops.
- Let the scallops cook for 2 minutes, then flip them. The side should be golden. Drizzle the lime juice over the scallops, and sprinkle the parsley, salt and black pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with a salad, or on top of a bed of arugula.