Need a flavorful chicken to top your salad? Well I got you covered! This Chipotle Lime Chicken is so flavorful and delicious! I can only eat plain salads for lunch for so long, before I go insane, so I’ll make this chicken early in the week and use it as part of my lunch. Plus it let’s me fire up the grill and be outside for a while – which is a perk since I’m inside for most of the day.
There are a million great things about owning a house versus renting an apartment, but one thing that we missed while we were apartment living is a grill. Our first apartment, was in an old building that was essentially at a 70degree angle, but it had it’s perks – a deck and backyard. So we decided to make our big kid purchase and buy a grill. After two years of being spoiled, using the grill almost daily, we had to move unexpectedly.
The only apartment we could find at the time that allowed pets, didn’t have a deck or backyard, and didn’t allow a grill. Our grill sat sadly in a shed, like a toy on the island of misfit toys, for a year, until we bought our house. It was a joyous day when we swept the dust off of it, and fired it up – and now we get to make some of our favorite meals again!
Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious chicken recipe as much as we do! Let me know what you think!
Grilled Chipotle Chicken
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
For the marinade:
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped finely
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp salt
- Rinse the chicken with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk all the marinade ingredients until well combined. Once combined, add the chicken and make sure its coated evenly. Marinate for at leadt 2 hours.
- Start your grill. Once hot, grill the chicken until they become golden brown and charred on both sides.
- Serve immediately.