This is by far my favorite recipe right now – I’m not even kidding. I could eat this every day, I mean I don’t, but I totally would. My husband was in New Hampshire for work, and got this pizza at a restaurant – it was so good that he came home and had to try it. This is totally his recipe that I’m stealing, because I mean hey were married, so what’s yours is mine right?
I’m sure you’re thinking “scallops on a pizza? Are you crazy Carey?”. Well, prepare your mind to be blown. I mean who doesn’t love bacon wrapped scallops?
I’ll be honest too… I did actually use mozzarella cheese (gasp), although I’m primarily dairy-free, I think it’s cruel to have a pizza without real cheese. So a little here and there never hurts.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Today we leave for vacation, and I’m so excited! I’ll be posting a few times next week with some new recipes, but for updates on the vacation check out my Twitter page!
Paleo Bacon Scallop Pizza
- ¼ small fresh bay scallops
- 4-5 slices of bacon
- 3 tbsp of crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp basil, finely chopped
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 generous handful of argula
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Paleo or gluten free pizza dough
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until almost fully cooked. Set aside to cool. Once cooled to-touch, chop up your bacon.
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- Wash your scallops, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place your dough on a pizza stone and top with crushed tomatoes, scallops, bacon, red pepper flakes, basil, and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix your arugula and olive oil. Place mixture on top of pizza.
- Cut it and enjoy!