This is another one we make during the week for dinner. The first time I made them was when my husband wasn’t home, and wanted to make a blt. I gathered the eggs, tomatoes, and bacon from the refrigerator, and then to my surprise found some extra paleo tortillas from earlier in the week – challenge excepted. I chopped up a sweet potato, pan fried it in the left over bacon grease, scrambled an egg, and got my veggies and presto…my breakfast tacos were formed! I posted a picture of it on Twitter, and I didn’t hear the end of it from my husband. So naturally, once he got home we made them again.
These are really easy to make – like really easy – perfect Saturday morning breakfast, or last minute dinner.
Paleo Breakfast Tacos
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 8 strips of bacon (or more for snacking J )
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Paleo Tortillas
- Heat bacon in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once cooked thoroughly, remove bacon and set aside on paper towels to dry.
- Put the chopped sweet potato in the bacon grease and cook on medium-high heat. Mix the cumin, paprika and salt in a small bowl, and then mix it into the sweet potatoes. Mix the potatoes occasionally. Remove sweet potatoes once soft.
- When the potatoes start to get soft, start scrambling your eggs. Remove eggs once cooked.
- Lay out your tortillas, and place sweet potatoes, eggs, bacon, red onion, tomatoes, and avocado on top.
Enjoy your tacos!!