If you know me, you know my love for margaritas. I love them. I crave them like no other, it’s a serious problem.
On the beach our family each picks their “beach drink of the week”, and this was what I chose. I make a batch of these, stick them in a cooler, and sip on them as I read my book in the sand. It’s amazing.
I know everyone has there own margarita recipe, but I figured -hey, what’s not one more to add to Google’s recipe search arsenal?
These margs are really light and fresh, but if you don’t like the taste of tequila, these might not be for you. I use a tequila called Milagro Silver, which leaves a perfect flavor for margaritas and combined with the fresh lime juice, you honestly can’t go wrong!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do (if that’s even possible), but now it’s back to the beach for me!
Fresh Lime Margarita
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz orange liquor
- ½ oz triple sec
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 1 tbsp coarse salt or kosher salt
- zest from 1 lime
- Put the salt for the glass rim on a flat plate.
- Moisten the rim of the serving glass with a lime wedge. Invert glass on the lime on the salt, and twist glass to ensure it is thoroughly coated. Turn glass right side up, and set aside. Repeat steps for 2nd
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in the tequila, lime juice, orange liquor and simple syrup. Also add ice. Mix until the outside of the shaker starts to have condensation on it. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with a lime wedge