I love sweets – let me just put that out there – like I honestly can’t get enough. I crave them when I’m bored, sad, angry, happy … just about all of the time.
I was bored Monday night, dreaming about the beach and obviously craving sweets – I opened up my pantry and found no sweets. I thought about just making a Cacao Butter Smoothie, but I wanted chocolate. So I said to myself “challenge accepted”. I grabbed the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips and almond butter, and started mixing. I added coconut flour to the almond butter to make it a little thicker and then threw it fridge to firm up. Then the fun begins… I dipped the mix into melted Enjoy Life chocolate and sprinkled it with sea salt. Put it back in the fridge for 20 minutes, and wah-la a delicious snack!
Made with only 3 ingredients (not including the sea salt), this easy to make dessert is gluten free, grain free, paleo friendly, vegetarian, vegan and contains no added sugar.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Salted Almond Butter Chocolate Bites
Serving Size = 12-14
Total Time = 40 minutes
- ½ cup chocolate chip (I used Enjoy Life)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Sea Salt for topping
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the almond butter and coconut flour until it is completely mixed. (I ended up using my hand to kneed it, like dough)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and form the mix into balls – about teaspoon size – using your fingers. Place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, until the firm up.
- With 2 minutes left for the balls, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 second increments, until it is completely melted.
- Using a spoon, dunk the balls into the melted chocolate so it is completely covered. Place the dunked ball back onto the parchment paper and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Repeat step 4 for the rest of the balls. Once all are covered in chocolate and have been sprinkled with sea salt, place the baking sheet back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes – until the chocolate has hardened.