FRIDAY! This was such a long week, so glad it’s the weekend! Hope everyone has some fun plans! I get to see one of my best friends tomorrow, so needless to say I’m freaking excited 🙂
This post needs to start off by how this recipe happened, it wasn’t an easy solution, and there were some set backs along the way. You’re probably thinking “it’s a cobb salad Carey…get it together” – well I wish it was that simple, my mental game wasn’t strong on this day.
I typically go grocery shopping on Mondays, and that’s when I plan out the meals for the week. Sure, we don’t always follow it completely, but it helps us stay on track for the most part – and on budget. When I was building out my grocery list, my husband said he wanted a cobb salad this week, so I got the supplies. But when Wednesday came around and it was time to make this cobb salad, I was less than enthused about having this for dinner. I had the strongest craving for pizza, and too be honest I’m not a huge fan of hard boil eggs – it’s a texture thing – so putting them in a salad grossed me out.
After arguing about whether or not we should make a pizza, my husband stopped me and told me we should make the salad we had planned out – since we will probably eat out this weekend. I finally caved in and we started to make this.
To my surprise, it was delicious. But then again when you put bacon in anything, your sure to have a winner. It’s a super simple salad recipe, with very few ingredients, ingredients you probably already have in your pantry or fridge. The eggs weren’t as overwhelming as I thought, and paired awesome with the rest of the ingredients. Plus, with the addition of the eggs, the salad is totally filling!
So moral of this story, if your craving pizza, eat a cobb salad! 🙂
Perfect Paleo Cobb Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 package of fresh spring mix lettuce (or which ever lettuce you prefer)
- 6 hard boiled eggs (we steam the eggs)
- 8 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup silvered almonds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
For the Dressing:
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, then remove to a paper towel and pat dry. Once dry, chop the bacon and set aside.
- Crack and peel the shells off the hard boiled eggs, then place on a cutting board and chop into larger chunks or slice them. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad among the plates with the lettuce, tomato, avocado, almonds, carrots, eggs, and bacon. Then drizzle the salad dressing on top.