Woof, not only is it Monday, but it’s also rainy and gloomy – which basically means I don’t want to leave my house. Unfortunately, I have to though, work calls :(.
On the bright-side, it’s August!! August for us is crazy, we have so much planned, so this month too will fly by! We are off to Paris and Barcelona at the end of the month (for a very postponed honeymoon), I can’t wait!!! Anyways, I’ll talk about this in later posts… let’s get to the recipe.
I don’t know about you, but in our house we always have some type of beef in the fridge in the fridge – and there are always vegetables. Every time we make this recipe, we end up with different veggies in it, but this is by far my favorite combo.
This is a quick and easy recipe to do during the week, and loaded with healthy wonderful goodness. Instead of using soy sauce (for obvious reasons), we use coconut amino. Aside from being soy free and gluten free, coconut amino is low in the glycemic index and packed with vitamins and minerals!
Paleo Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless round steak, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, optional (for garnish)
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup coconut aminos or (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp sriracha
- In a small bowl, add the ingredients for the sauce. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, throw in the chopped steak. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped red onion, pepper, broccoli, and zucchini. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once the vegetables and steak are close to being cooked through, stir in the sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the meat has cooked completely through. Remove and serve hot.