I’ve been so bad this week at blogging! It’s been a crazy week, lots of family coming in from out of town (which means eating out), and then a busy work week – not to mention I have about 30 small knots in my back, my back was tight to the point I couldn’t move on Thursday! Oh well, I’m slowly getting back in action, but unfortunately that means I haven’t been working out. With that said, I’ve been so off this week.
Regardless, I still was able to make a few fun recipes this week that I’ll be sharing in the upcoming weeks – and one of which I’ll share today (instead of the normal workout post)
It’s been obnoxiously muggy and humid in Upstate NY this week, so I’ve been trying to keep all my dishes as light as possible. But regardless, I was craving pasta, so I asked myself what’s the perfect gluten free and paleo pasta? Gnocchi of course, especially Cappello’s Gnocchi. It’s made with potato, almond flour, eggs, tapioca flour and sea salt – so it’s absolutely perfect and tastes delicious! I bought these puppies in my local grocery store, and figured I’d pair them with some veggies in an olive oil/butter sauce and it was heavenly!
It’s a simple meal with a bunch of different ingredients that you can interchange depending on what’s in season! My intention was to make this the night before a dinner party with my family. But since you sauté the veggies, it looked wilted in the morning, so instead I took it for re-heated it for lunch and it was still tasty. So I wouldn’t make this ahead of time, it’s not going to survive for long!
Hope you enjoy!
Gnocchi Vegetable Summer Salad
- 1 package Cappello’s Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil along with onion. Cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add red bell pepper and broccoli, and cook for about 2 minutes, then add squash, and zucchini. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, until veggies are soft, then add plum tomatoes along with salt, oregano, sage, and garlic powder, and cook for another 2 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to burst. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- To the hot pan, add olive oil and butter. Add the gnocchi and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until browned. Then add the veggies back to the pan along with lemon zest, juice, parsley and basil and mix. Sprinkle with a bit more salt before serving!