Another Monday… except this week is going to go by ridiculously quick! A two day work week, and then we fly out to Paris. I can’t wait, except I think my body can. We had a bunch of friends come up this past weekend, for a horse race, and we ate and drank like crap. I’m feeling large and in-charge today…
These next few days will be filled with us eating lots of paleo and gluten free salads to get our bodies back on track. One of the salads will be this recipe – a roasted sweet potato salad. It takes a little normal than a ordinary salad because of the potatoes, but it’s totally worth it! Pair the potatoes with kale, candied walnuts, and an almond butter based creamy dressing and your good to go!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
For the salad:
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp rosemary
- 1/4 tbsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (can be replaced with raw honey)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread on a greased baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes. If the sweet potatoes aren’t completely cooked through and soft, stir and stick back in the oven for 5 mor e minutes.
- Cut the kale into small bite-sized pieces. I typically stick it in the food processor. Set aside
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and add the walnuts and maple syrup. Stir continuously over moderate heat for about 5 minutes. Transfer to foil to separate and cool.
- Pulse all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor. Taste, and set aside.
- Now toss all the ingredients together just before serving. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!