Broccoli, by far my favorite vegetable. Growing up I would’ve bet anything against me saying that, but oh how the times have changed. I try to incorporate it into 1 meal everyday – where it’s a salad or a main dish. So of course when I came across a tabouleh recipe, I thought this could be a recipe where broccoli really shines – and it does!
Tabouleh is a mediterranean dish that mixes bulgar wheat with a blend of mint, parsley and garlic. Instead of using the wheat (obviously) I replaced it with the broccoli to make it paleo and gluten free. It has refreshing zesty flavors that can accompany any dish, especially bbq.
All you need for this recipe is a food processor. Just pulse the ingredients together (minus the cucumber and tomato) and mix. Theres no stove needed!
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 bell pepper, deseed and diced
- juice of 2 small lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- green onions, chopped and diced for topping
- Optional: 1/2 cup of cooked black quinoa
- Process the broccoli (head and stalk) in a food processor. Add herbs and pulse for a few seconds until chopped fine. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the other ingredients to the broccoli mix.
- Mix well and enjoy!