I can honestly eat breakfast for any meal of the day, and I know I’m not the only one! We normally make a lot of sweet potato hashes and bacon, but sometimes you just need to mix it up! With that said, here is my recipe for Sweet Potato Apple Sausage Breakfast Patties :).
I made this with ground sweet sausage that we got at our local farmers market, but I’ve made this with ground chicken before and its absolutely delicious!
It’s really easy to make, and only takes 25 minutes so it’s a perfect week-day meal!
These paleo and whole 30 apple sausage patties are the perfect combination of sweet, salty and savory! Enjoy them for any meal or snack!
Also, my apologies of my bad photography with this recipe – it’s hard to make meat look pretty…. at least I haven’t figured out a way yet! Speaking of pictures, do you have Instagram? So do I! Check out @Clean_Food4Thought for more paleo and whole 30 recipe ideas!!
Apple Sausage Patties
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 apple, peeled and diced into tiny chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, shredded into hash brown threads
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl add sausage, apple, sweet potato threads, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix until completely combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high with enough coconut oil to completely cover the bottom.
- With the mixture, form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties, Add in your patties, let them cook on each side for 2 minutes (until they are brown).
- Once browned, remove from the skillet and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (until cooked through).