So I have a big announcement… my blog has gotten a lot bigger, and with that changes are happening. I’m starting a newsletter that will be sent out once a week, that will feature my favorite recipes from other blogs, my recipes, posts, and other fun stuff. The first newsletter will go out on Friday so sign up today!
There are a few other changes down the line, but that’s for a different day 🙂
I’m so excited for all the growth I’ve had with the blog this past year, and you are the reason I’ve had so much success! Thank you all so much for the support, it never goes unnoticed!
Now back to why your probably here, the paleo Banana Cinnamon Crumb Bread recipe. Ok, so let’s be honest here… there aren’t really crumbs on this. It’s actually candied pecans and walnuts, but “crumb” sounds much better (and takes up less space).
I don’t know about you but I always have ripe bananas around the house. I buy a ton of them each week for snacks, smoothies, etc. so at the end of the week I always seem to have to make some banana bread. I mean honestly, it’s not the worst thing, I’m kind of doing it on purpose now ;).
This bread will knock your socks off. It’s soft and makes your mouth water. I’ve used this banana bread recipe before for different variations, but this will forever be my favorite.
And to top it off its gluten free, paleo and dairy free. So go ahead and indulge!
For another variation of this recipe, check out my walnut banana muffins!
Paleo Banana Cinnamon Crumb Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
Total Time: 65 minutes
Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free
- 3 brown bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the Crumbs:
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) grass fed butter, at room temperature*
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup pecans, crushed
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf baking dish (8.5×4.5″) with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mash together the bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs and almond butter. Once it’s mixed together, add in the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together with your hands the ingredients for the toppings.
- Place the toppings on top of the bread mixture. The crumbs will be chunky.
- Place the bread in the oven, and bake for 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick, and if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before serving.