Are you looking for a meal with no fuss, and little clean up? Well this one is perfect for you then! This (one-pan) Indian Spiced Chicken and Cauliflower recipe is packed with spices and loaded with veggies.
This is a perfect weeknight meal, that everyone will enjoy! Plus the best part of this meal are the left overs. I mean the recipe is awesome the night you make it, but enjoying it at work the next day, the flavors soak into the rice more and the flavor definitely pops!
This dish isn’t completely paleo or whole 30 (because of the rice), but it is clean and gluten free. Plus if you run or workout, it’s good to have some rice every now and then.
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter – Friday you’ll recipe an additional recipe that won’t be posted on the blog! (Just because you follow my blog, doesn’t mean you will receive it, so make sure to sign up here!)
Indian Spiced Chicken and Cauliflower
Gluten free and grain free
For vegan option: Omit Chicken and Broth
- 2 tbsp ghee (or grass fed butter)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the butter. Mix in the diced onion, minced garlic, ginger and cauliflower. Cover the saucepan, and stir every 2-3 minutes. Let it cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add in all cubed chicken, and the rest of the spices. Let the chicken cook until opaque.
- Stir in the uncooked rice, and stir constantly for one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste and coconut milk. Cover and let it cook for 20-30 minutes, while stirring every 10 minutes. It will be done as soon as the rice is cooked through.
- Add in the spinach and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve warm 🙂