Hey Guys! I’m so sorry I didn’t post last week, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks lately, and I decided to take a break. Luckily while I was m.i.a I was recipe testing/experimenting, and have a bunch of new recipes I can’t wait to share – starting with this one!
I shared this with my newsletter subscribers a few weeks back, and I’ve gotten amazing feedback on the recipe! (You should definitely sign up for the newsletter, I always send recipes that aren’t posted yet 😉 – click here to subscribe).
Anyways, Sunday’s have us always craving take out – it’s honestly a curse! We always have good intentions when we wake up on Sunday, but once it gets towards dinner time at least one of us will say “Chinese?”. That’s when I had to find and come up with something that will satisfy our cravings. Enter a paleo and gluten free version of General Tso Chicken.
It’s really easy to make, and doesn’t require much effort – that’s why it’s a perfect meal! Plus it’s really delicious :)!
Give this a try the next time your craving take out, and I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed!
Gluten Free General Tso’s Chicken Recipe
Paleo, Whole 30, gluten free and grain free – perfect clean eating meal!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ¼ cup coconut amino
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into large chunks)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 small dried red chilies
- ¼ cup scallions (sliced)
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 tbsp coconut oil with the coconut amino, rice vinegar, sriracha, honey, garlic, ginger, Chinese five spice and red pepper flakes – set aside.
- Toss the chicken breasts in tapioca flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 tbsp of coconut oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chiles, then pour the sauce over the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the scallions, cook an additional minute, remove from the stove and serve over veggies or rice.