4 Days until I’m on a beach for a week, can you tell I’m excited?! With that in mind I totally changed up my work out routines lately, to get a little more fit before I need to put on a bathing suit. And now I’m completely obsessed with what I’m doing, and obviously I’m going to share.
Usually I would do a lot of distance running and a little lifting, my my knees were paying the price. I recently saw a post from PaleOMG (which is my fav blogger) and she was promoting Aaptiv, so obviously I investigated. Aaptiv is a personal trainer app that let’s you listen to an elite trainer walk you through the workout of your choice. There are tons of different workouts to choose from, and although I’ve only done the treadmill and stretching classes I’m already in love. There are workouts for yoga, marathon training, spinning, strength training, stretching, elliptical, and a ton of others. Plus the trainer pairs the workout with some kick-ass music, which helps motivate you during the entire workout.
I’ve slimmed down, and gotten a lot more toned from just switching my workouts from long runs to interval sprints and increased my lifts (which is great since it’s bathing suit season ).
Ok now that I’ve gotten that off my chest … so these blueberry muffins that are paleo? Yup!
These paleo blueberry muffins are simply made with almond butter, almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup. The almond butter gives the muffins a classic texture, and you’ll never believe they are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and paleo.
Paleo Blueberry Muffins
Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Whole 30
Serves 12 muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and sea salt). In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Completely combine, and then fold in the blueberries.
- After the blueberries are stirred in, spoon or pour the batter into the lined muffin pan to fill each cup about ¾ full to make 12 muffins
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on it, they will puff up and look adorable.
This post is not sponsored and all the opinions (and typos) are from me!