This Spaghetti Squash Peanut Stir Fry is an easy vegetable dinner, that’s full of flavor and fits into any vegan or paleo diet.
If there’s one thing to know about our house, it’s that we love stir-fry dishes. They are so easy and simple to make, and after a long day at work cooking a big meal is the last thing on my mind. I mean stir fry recipes aren’t that exciting, it’s not like it’s earth-shattering, but this one is packed with flavor.
This stir-fry doesn’t have rice or noodles but is made of spaghetti squash and lots of other vegetables. Although the cook time says 1-hour, most of it is the spaghetti squash roast time. So it’s perfect when you are trying to multi-task or if you just want to veg out on the couch.
And the peanut sauce – oh my god.
It’s creamy, spicy and if you love peanut butter like me you will love this.
Just roast the spaghetti squash, then sauté the other veggies, and add in the sauce. Honestly, could it get any easier?! Plus, don’t think you have to stick to the veggies I listed either, you can add anything in (kale, bok choy, etc.).
Can’t wait to see your re-creations of this recipe!! 🙂
Spaghetti Squash Peanut Stir Fry
Paleo, Vegan, Whole 30,
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- ¾ cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup organic liquid aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons natural smooth peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional Toppings:
- sliced green onion
- chopped peanuts
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375 F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. (It’s easiest to cut the spaghetti squash if you cut off the knob first). Place both half skin side down on the lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for a few minutes. Remove the flesh with a fork, separating the strings.
- In a small bowl, mix together the liquid aminos, water, peanut butter, coconut sugar, Sriracha and ginger. Mix until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add in the onions, bell peppers, and carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes, continuously stirring, until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and spinach; cook until spinach is wilted. Add the edamame, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the shredded spaghetti squash, and stir. Pour sauce over the vegetables; cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring until all ingredients are combined throughly.
- Serve with your toppings, and enjoy!